Should I read the Hobbit before I read the trilogy, or after I read the trilogy?
The Hobbit comes first chronologically, but I don’t think it necessarily matters. Tolkien didn’t really write as one great series as much as told many stories in the same world. Unless you somehow completely missed the Lord of the Rings trilogy when the films came out, you probably already have an idea of the storyline of the two novels (The Hobbit and LotR). Spoiler alert—Bilbo lives. So it’s more about how the stories unfold than the suspense and surprise. If you like all the detail and world building kind of information, you might want to start with Lord of the Rings; if you like following a story from start to finish, go with the Hobbit.Source: seekingspirits
- aleyhay reblogged this from seekingspirits and added:
- jesushoppedtheatrain reblogged this from seekingspirits and added:
- jesushoppedtheatrain likes this
- oncewild reblogged this from seekingspirits and added:
- seekingspirits posted this