This project’s feature is but of course, on more STREET HARASSMENT!“Accountability: Top Ten Ways To NOT Be A Sketchy Creep!”
1) Wait for an enthusiastic YES.
2) Respect PERSONAL SPACE.
3) See someone alone walkin’? DON’T STALK!
4) Ya can’t go CHANGE others’ sexual orientations!
5) NO MEANS NO!!!
6) Consent CAN be WITHDRAWN at any point in time.
7) SKIRTS are NOT an invitation.
8) A Body is NOT a commodity.
9) CATCALLING: JUST… DON’T. Just… stop.
10) CONSENT CONSENT CONSENT! Don’t be a shithead!
Dismantling rape culture isn’t just about either victim-blaming or pointing the finger at and demonizing perpetrators. Instead of victim-blaming, we need to not only hold perpetrators responsible, but our own selves accountable and take a look at OUR OWN ROLES in stopping street harassment! Don’t just be a spectator. Make the streets safe for EVERYONE. Remember, YOU ARE GRRRL ARMY!!!
My co-worker and I were talking tonight about how we felt straight men would benefit from going to a gay bar for a couple hours so that they could get just a glimpse of what it’s like for women on a daily basis. Because, for real, most straight men I know are terrified of getting hit on by a gay man. Terrified.
(via fuckyeahfeminists)Source: seattlegrrrlarmy